In my last post I gave a short intro on who I was and why I have gone and created a blog to support the idea of Stitch it Now. Must be about time I answered some other questions...
How does this concept work?
I like to sew, still, of course. I have developed the blog so that I can share with you what I'm making, mostly for my boys, sometimes for girls and even rarer, for me. I love making clothes for my boys and children in general. As mentioned in my previous post, I also understand this time poor world we creative sewing mothers live in. So, I thought, it would be fun for me to design and make outfits to share with you, to sew, if you want to...
Therefore, sometimes when I make and showcase something here on the blog, I will make the exact same item, as a pre-cut pack, available to buy in the Stitch it Now Etsy Shop. In the same fabric with the same detail. You get to pick the size from 1-10 (and I have plenty of tips for choosing the right size at the time of purchase) and the quantity if you would like to make more than one. I then receive your order, send you your PDF Sewing Instructions, within 24 hours, so you can start preparing for your package to arrive. I then set about lovingly cutting your custom order to your required size/s, by hand. Within 2-3 days I package it up and post your parcel, ready to be made 'Unique by You!'.
What is in a pre-cut package?
1. All fabric pieces cut and ready to sew, in your chosen size. All pieces are:
- nicked at markers eg, waist, crotch etc;
- chalk (dark colour) or washable pen (light colour) marked for eg. pocket placement and/or fly markers.
- numbered to match a legend on the PDF Sewing Instructions.
2. Specific garment notions required to complete the item. These are detailed at time of purchase. Example is elastic, bias binding, buttons, etc.
3. A set of PDF Sewing Instructions emailed to you within 24 hours of purchase, so you can familiarise yourself with the instructions prior to receiving your package - a little teaser. They include a tick and flick type of overview sheet and a detailed instructional photo guide. The one page tick and flick sheet covers all the steps to make your project. I suggest, if you have a portable computer or android device, that you print the tick sheet out and scroll through the directions and photos on the screen, to save on ink and paper.
4. Care instructions. Your fabric has been pre-washed with a low allergy washing detergent and pre-shrunk, where feasible. That just means if it can go in the dryer, it does.
5. All fabric and goods come from a pet and smoke free environment, that has been stroked lovingly before being cut and sent on its way.
What you need to have to complete your project?
You will require access to a sewing machine and corresponding needles and thread to suit that machine and your chosen project. Plus all the other usual haberdashery items required to sew eg. Scissors, iron, measuring tape, etc. You get the picture.
And remember, I'm here to help any time - I want your sewing to be fuss free, fast and most of all FUN!